In this class we will explore the important features of your combination embroidery/sewing machine. In the embroidery section, we will cover stabilizers, thread, proper hooping technique, getting designs in your machine and design positioning. In the sewing section, we will cover stitch length and width, stitch types, machine feet, and much more.
The sewing portion will be covered in the morning, lunch break, embroidery portion in the afternoon.
Baby Lock: Accord, Aventura, Aventura II, Ellisimo, Ellure Plus, Journey, Unity, Verve
Flourish, Flourish II, Spirit--Embroidery Only
Brother: NS2750D, NQ3600D, NS1750D
Please bring your machine, power cord, foot pedal, embroidery unit, all feet and accessories, small pair of scissors or snips, empty bobbins, sewing thread, embroidery thread, and your machine manual.
All of the following supplies are available at Dublin Sewing Center, and may be purchased the day of class.
- Sewing thread (50 wt)
- Sewing needles (Universal or Sharp, size 80)
- Empty bobbin (should have come with your machine)
- 3 spools of embroidery thread (40 wt), in different colors. You will be embroidering a pumpkin.
- Empty bobbin, Bobbin thread (60 wt), or purchased pre-wound bobbins
- Embroidery or Top Stitching needles (size 80)
- 4 x 4 or 5 x 7 hoop